Renowned Forbes magazine has again come up with its annual ranking of global billionaires for 2015 and this time again Bill Gates has been declared as the world’s richest man.
The Microsoft founder has been named the richest person of the world for the 16th time in the last 21 years.
Gates managed to grab the top spot in the Forbes report after beating Mexican businessman Carlos Slim.
His net worth surged by just more than USD 3 billion to USD 79 billion in the year to February 13.
According to Forbes, there are a record 1,826 people who are billionaires worldwide. It’s a surge of 181 billionaires in the past one year.
With a net worth of USD 72.7 billion, prominent American investor Warren Buffett has reclaimed third place in the list
Forbes said that the funds needed to make it into the top 20 in its richest people list have dropped by USD 2 billion to USD 29 billion in 2015.
The founders and chief executives of the US technology companies dominated the Forbes list again. Six of the top 20 richest men in the world belonged to technology world.
Top 10 richest people in 2015 Forbes list
- Bill Gates USD 79.2bn (Microsoft)
- Carlos Slim Helu USD 77.1bn (Phones and construction in Mexico)
- Warren Buffett USD 72.7bn (Global investor)
- Amancio Ortega USD 64.5bn (Zara and other fashion chains)
- Larry Ellison USD 54.3bn (Oracle data storage technology)
- Charles Koch USD 42.9bn (Industrialist)
- David Koch USD 42.9bn (Industrialist)
- Christy Walton USD 41.7bn (Walmart retail giant)
- Jim Walton USD 40.6bn (Walmart retail giant)
- Liliane Bettencourt USD 40.1bn (L’Oreal cosmetics firm)